There are four classifications of members:
- General Members. Any licensed funeral director, mortician, or embalmer who is a member in good standing of a state association and whose dues and assessments have been paid to the National Funeral Directors & Morticians Association, Inc.
- Member-at-Large. Where no state association exists, licensed funeral directors, morticians, and embalmers may become Members-at-Large by making written application and paying the required dues and assessments.
- Life Members. Any General Member or Member-at-Large who has given twenty-five years or more of continuous service to the National Association may become a Life Member of the Association upon the recommendation of a state association and by vote of the House of Representatives. Life Members pay dues and assessments as prescribed by the association, as do all members except that the House of Representatives may waive dues in a particular case upon showing an inability to pay.
- Student/Apprentice Associate Members. Any student enrolled in a qualified school or program of embalming or any apprentice funeral director or embalmer shall apply with his/her state association for membership. If there is no state association, he/she may make written application for Student/Apprentice Associate Membership directly to the National Office.
- Will receive a Membership Card. This card will entitle you to a number of benefits as a member of NFD&MA.
- Funeral Service Credit Union – Funeral Service Credit Union 915 S. Durkin Dr., Suite A Springfield, IL 62704 (866)701-3728 www.fscunet.org. Funeral Service Credit Union is a state-chartered credit union, owned by our members, established in 1983 that provides financial services specifically for funeral service professionals, their employees and immediate family members. Funeral Service Credit Union membership is currently available to all members, employees and family members of Illinois Funeral Directors Association, National Funeral Directors Association, Funeral Ethics Association, Federated Funeral Directors of America, International Order of the Golden Rule, Illinois Funeral Supply Salesman’s Association, Independent Funeral Directors of Florida, National Funeral Directors & Morticians Association, Inc., Missouri Funeral Directors Association and Professional Funeral Alliance, Inc. Our services include various loan types (personal and professional automobile loans, secured/unsecured loans and VISA credit cards). Deposit accounts include Share Savings, Personal & Business Checking Accounts, ATM/Check card, Certificates of Deposit, Christmas and Vacation Clubs. Other services include 24 Hour Automated Voice Response, FSCU Online, Loan Protection Insurance, Direct Deposit, Payroll Deduction, ACH (electronic funds), PeeWee Club and a credit card processing program. Please visit our website www.fscunet.org or call us at 1-866-701-3728 for more information.
- Continuing Education Programs (CEU)
- Discounts at hotels and limited airlines
- Rent-a-car discounts anywhere in the Continental U.S. or Canada
- State Liability Insurance- to assist when holding meetings in hotels or convention centers
- Quarterly Magazine: The Scope
- Website Development and Email Addresses
- Music License Discount Fees
- Computer Hardware and Software Purchase Referral
- Computer Training & Purchases
- Legal Assistance Referral
- Assistance with creating your GPL (General Price List)
- OSHA and FTC updates
- Incorporations and Business Plan preparation Referral
- Assistance with completing your CFSP Application
SERVE with DIGNITY, RESPECT and INTEGRITY